What are the advantages of a digital thermometer?

A good digital thermometer with a bright, backlit screen can be purchased for around $6 at your local drugstore. Digital thermometers are also much safer than traditional mercury ones. Be sure to take your mercury thermometers to a doctor's office or pharmacy where they can be disposed of safely - never throw a mercury thermometer in the trash!

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
Should I call 9-1-1 for someone with a chest injury?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number for any open or closed chest wound, especially if the p...
How should I care for a crush injury?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Care for specific injuries found and assume that internal injuries are present. Also care for shock....
How to Use an AED
How to Use an AED