When using an AED, what are common medication patches I may encounter?

A common patch is the nitroglycerine patch, which is used by people with a history of cardiac problems. Nicotine patches used to stop smoking look similar to nitroglycerin patches.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
How should I care for a crush injury?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Care for specific injuries found and assume that internal injuries are present. Also care for shock....
What is the recovery position in first aid?
The recovery position in first aid is designed to maintain the airway of an unconscious person. Ther...
Support the AED Law and Save a Life
Support the AED Law and Save a Life