Can I use a mobile phone or radio near an AED?

Do not use a mobile phone or radio within 6 feet of the AED.

Radiofrequency interference (RFI) and electromagnetic interference (EMI), as well as infrared interference, generated by radio signals can disrupt analysis.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
What information should I give the call taker when I call 9-1-1?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
When you call for help, be ready to provide the following information: your name your location des...
If my child is running a low fever, should I keep her home from school?
When your child has a fever, it can be hard to decide whether to keep him or her home. If the child ...
How to Use an AED
How to Use an AED