A Answers (1)
- If the person is wet, remove wet clothing and dry his or her chest.
- Attach the AED pads.
- If a shock is indicated, deliver it, following the instructions of the
- If the person still is not breathing, continue CPR and protect the
person from further heat loss.
- Do not withhold CPR or defibrillation to re-warm the person.
- Be careful not to unnecessarily shake a person who has experienced
hypothermia as this could result in V-fib.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.