Do not use an AED and pads designed for adults on a child younger than 8 or weighing less than 55 pounds unless pediatric AED pads are not available.
- Q Can a lot of chest hair interfere with AED pad-to-skin contact?
- Q Can I use an AED if someone is wearing a medication patch on their chest?
- Q What are special situations that could change the way I use an AED?
- Q What should I do after an AED delivers a shock and no shock is advised?
- Q Should I use an AED if I don't know if the person has a pacemaker?
- Q Is it safe to place the pads from an AED on top of medication patches?