Do not use an AED and pads designed for adults on a child younger than 8 or weighing less than 55 pounds unless pediatric AED pads are not available.
- Q Can I use an AED if someone is wearing a medication patch on their chest?
- Q Should I use an AED if I don't know if the person has a pacemaker?
- Q How does an automated external defibrillator (AED) work?
- Q What do I do after an AED delivers a shock to a child/infant?
- Q After the AED delivers a shock to an adult, what should I do?
- Q How do I use an AED on someone with a lot of chest hair?