Do not use an AED and pads designed for adults on a child younger than 8 or weighing less than 55 pounds unless pediatric AED pads are not available.
- Q What should I do after an AED delivers a shock and no shock is advised?
- Q Should I wipe a person's chest with alcohol before using an AED?
- Q Could I get a shock if I use an AED on someone with an ICD?
- Q When using an AED, what are common medication patches I may encounter?
- Q When should I, and others, stand clear of the person when using an AED?
- Q Should I use an AED if I don't know if the person has a pacemaker?