Do not use an AED and pads designed for adults on a child younger than 8 or weighing less than 55 pounds unless pediatric AED pads are not available.
- Q After the AED delivers a shock to an adult, what should I do?
- Q Do I need special training to use an AED?
- Q When should I avoid using an automatic external defibrillator?
- Q Are AEDs safe to use in rain or snow?
- Q How do I use an AED on someone with a lot of chest hair?
- Q Is it safe to use an AED on someone wearing jewelry or with body piercings?