Do not use an AED and pads designed for adults on a child younger than 8 or weighing less than 55 pounds unless pediatric AED pads are not available.
- Q Are automated external defibrillators safe to use?
- Q When should I, and others, stand clear of the person when using an AED?
- Q Should I wipe a person's chest with alcohol before using an AED?
- Q What should I do if I need to use an AED on someone with serious injuries?
- Q What is an automated external defibrillator (AED)?
- Q What do I do after an AED delivers a shock to a child/infant?