Should I use an adult AED and adult pads on a child in an emergency?

Do not use an AED and pads designed for adults on a child younger than 8 or weighing less than 55 pounds unless pediatric AED pads are not available.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
How should I care for someone with a sudden illness?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Care for sudden illnesses by following the same general guidelines as you would for any emergenc...
What should I do if someone has a medical emergency?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
During a medical emergency, someone should be available to relay instructions if the emergency i...
How Lifesaving CPR Works
How Lifesaving CPR Works