What should I do if I must leave an unconscious person to get help?

If you must leave the person to get help, place him or her into a modified high arm in endangered spine (H.A.IN.E.S.) recovery position.

If there is no indication of an endangered spine, place the hand of the upper arm palm-side down with the fingers under the armpit of the extended lower arm. 

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
What information should I give the call taker when I call 9-1-1?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
When you call for help, be ready to provide the following information: your name your location des...
How can someone at work help me if I have a seizure?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
The best thing you can do for them is to protect them from injury during the seizure. Lay them on th...
How to Make a Makeshift Bat and Survival Bag