How do I find an AED in an emergency?

Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
Emergency Medicine
The emergency medical services (EMS) dispatcher may tell you where the nearest AED is located and instruct you to send for it. AEDs are common in public places and are also carried to the scene by trained responders.
Doc's First Aid Guide: Read It Before You Need It

In a medical emergency, time is of the essence. "Doc's First Aid Guide" is an illustrated, first-aid pocket handbook designed to be used as a quick reference and includes the latest CPR guidelines....

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
What should I do if my child swallows a coin?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
As long as your child is acting normally (i.e., can breathe and talk and drink fine), try not to pan...
How do I manage profuse bleeding if no one is with me?
Angela LoweryAngela Lowery
If no one is around and you must manage profuse bleeding call for help so you will know emergency tr...
How to Save a Life With the Texas Two Step