How do I do the head-tilt/chin-lift technique on an unconscious infant?

Place one hand on the forehead, and tilt the head to a neutral position while pulling up on the bony part of the chin with two or three fingers of your other hand.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
What is the recovery position in first aid?
The recovery position in first aid is designed to maintain the airway of an unconscious person. Ther...
What should I do if my child swallows a coin?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
As long as your child is acting normally (i.e., can breathe and talk and drink fine), try not to pan...
What to Do When Someone’s Heart Stops
What to Do When Someone’s Heart Stops