How do I do the head-tilt/chin-lift technique on an unconscious child?

Place one hand on the forehead, and tilt the head up slightly past the neutral position. Do not flex the head and chin downward toward the chest or extend them backward.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
What's the first thing I should do when I reach an injured or ill person?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Look for signals that may indicate a life-threatening emergency. Check to see if the injured or ...
How can I be prepared for medical emergencies?
Scott A. Scherr, MDScott A. Scherr, MD
You can be prepared for medical emergencies by keeping a list of important phone numbers and medicat...
What to Do When Someone’s Heart Stops
What to Do When Someone’s Heart Stops