What should I do if someone is impaled?

If you or someone is impaled on an object, do not remove the object. Learn the emergency steps that could save your life after a penetrating injury in this video with Dr. Oz and Dr. Susan Brundage

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
When assessing a person, what are signals of life-threatening injuries?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Signals of life-threatening injuries include trouble breathing, no breathing, irregular breathing an...
If my child is running a low fever, should I keep her home from school?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
Thermometers can sometimes be inaccurate, so it's important to also note how your child is acting. I...
What should I do if my child swallows a small toy?
The number one thing is safety -- make sure your child playing with toys that are appropriate fo...