What do I do after an AED delivers a shock to a child/infant?

After delivering the shock, or if no shock is advised:
  • Perform about 2 minutes (or 5 cycles) of CPR.
  • Continue to follow the prompts of the AED.
If at any time you see an obvious sign of life, such as breathing, stop performing CPR and monitor breathing and for any changes in the condition of the child or infant.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

What thermometers are available for taking a child's temperature?
Many types of thermometers are available for taking your child's temperature. For example, some are ...
What should I do if my child is unresponsive?
If your child is unresponsive, call 911 and do the “ABC” check: A) Check the Airway to make sure it’...
What should I do if my child swallows a small toy?
The number one thing is safety -- make sure your child playing with toys that are appropriate fo...
In an emergency, how do I determine if the scene is safe?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
Your first step in a medical emergency must be to look around and ask yourself "Is the scene safe fo...