What do I do after an AED delivers a shock to a child/infant?

After delivering the shock, or if no shock is advised:
  • Perform about 2 minutes (or 5 cycles) of CPR.
  • Continue to follow the prompts of the AED.
If at any time you see an obvious sign of life, such as breathing, stop performing CPR and monitor breathing and for any changes in the condition of the child or infant.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
What information should I give the call taker when I call 9-1-1?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
When you call for help, be ready to provide the following information: your name your location des...
How should I care for someone with a sudden illness?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Care for sudden illnesses by following the same general guidelines as you would for any emergenc...
What to Do When Someone’s Heart Stops
What to Do When Someone’s Heart Stops