Is it safe to place the pads from an AED on top of medication patches?

Never place AED electrode pads directly on top of medication patches.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

What should I do before putting on personal protective gear to give care?
First and foremost, wash your hands. This will ensure that your hands are clean before you put on an...
What is the recovery position in first aid?
The recovery position in first aid is designed to maintain the airway of an unconscious person. Ther...
How do I prevent spreading disease after providing emergency care?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Avoid handling any of your personal items such as pens or combs while giving care, or until you ...
How can the 9-1-1 call taker help me with emergency first aid?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Many 9-1-1 call takers also are trained to give first aid instructions, so they can assist you w...