If at any time you see an obvious sign of life, such as breathing, stop performing CPR and monitor the person's condition.
- Q Can I use an AED if someone is wearing a medication patch on their chest?
- Q Should I wipe a person's chest with alcohol before using an AED?
- Q What is an automated external defibrillator (AED)?
- Q Should I try to warm someone with hypothermia before CPR or using an AED?
- Q Is it safe to place the pads from an AED on top of medication patches?
- Q What should I do after an AED delivers a shock and no shock is advised?