After the AED delivers a shock to an adult, what should I do?

If at any time you see an obvious sign of life, such as breathing, stop performing CPR and monitor the person's condition.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

How should I care for a crush injury?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Care for specific injuries found and assume that internal injuries are present. Also care for shock....
What should I do if someone is impaled?
If you or someone is impaled on an object, do not remove the object. Learn the emergency steps t...
What should I keep in my medicine cabinet?
Dr. Kevin J. Soden, MDDr. Kevin J. Soden, MD
This is a very difficult question to answer as what is stocked in a medicine cabinet will vary great...
What steps would a reasonable and prudent person take in an emergency?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
A reasonable and prudent person would:   Check for life-threatening conditions  Call 9-1-1 or...