How can I pay medical care bills?

The most common way of paying for appointments with health care providers, hospital visits, and prescription drugs in this country is medical insurance. Managed care is a type of medical insurance in which the insurance company &quotmanages" medical services with rules, such as allotting certain numbers of visits to physical therapists, allowing certain numbers of days of hospitalization for particular procedures, and requiring participating providers to work in accordance with the guidelines set by the managed care company. Medical insurance is often linked to employment—yours or that of a household member. Other common ways of paying for medical care are various government programs, such as Medicaid, Medicare, disability programs, military benefits, or their state equivalents, and individual out-of-pocket payments.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH," A TRUSTWORTHY, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO HELP EVERY WOMAN NAVIGATE THE MENOPAUSE TRANSITION For decades, millions of women have relied on Our...

Continue Learning about Financial Health

The Truth About Veterans and Money
The Truth About Veterans and Money
Money concerns aren't exclusive to one group of Americans—they affect everyone, including US Veterans. Nearly four out of five of you went into the mi...
What are some general guidelines for saving money on drugs?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
When you buy medicines, there are some ways to cut costs: Are you over age 50? AARP offers disco...
How can I apply for healthcare assistance?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Every healthcare assistance program has its own eligibility standards. When you contact a progra...
How can I find out how much my surgery will cost me?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
The cost for healthcare services can be very difficult information to obtain. If you have health ins...