How much does a nursing home stay cost?

Anthony Cirillo
Geriatric Medicine
According to The Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured, self pay accounts for how 20 percent of people now pay for nursing home care. Remember that is out of your pocket and out of your savings. The average nursing home stay is 2.8 years, so if you have $200,000 or so socked away just for this, you should be OK.
Who Moved My Dentures? 13 False (Teeth) Truths About Long-Term Care and Aging in America

Who Moved My Dentures dispels 13 different myths about long-term care and aging in America as told through human interest stories of people the author has met through his work as a healthcare...

Continue Learning about Financial Health

How to Start Saving for College At Any Age
You make sacrifices for your kids—skimping on sleep, rearranging work schedules, driving to your 3,000th soccer game—and when it comes to putting them...
What is accidental death insurance?
Maria Ferrante-SchepisMaria Ferrante-Schepis
Accidental death insurance provides a payout if you die in an accidental way. This could be a car ac...
3 Reasons You Should Save Money
3 Reasons You Should Save Money3 Reasons You Should Save Money3 Reasons You Should Save Money3 Reasons You Should Save Money
Plan not just for emergencies and retirement, but also for the good things in life.
How to Become a Badass at Making Money
How to Become a Badass at Making Money