How can I get the best price when buying insulin?

Don’t assume that most pharmacies will charge the same price for insulin. The same insulin at one pharmacy or outlet may be several dollars cheaper than that found somewhere else, so it pays to shop around. You might receive a discount for buying certain quantities at your pharmacy or by ordering through the mail. Be sure to ask your pharmacists whether they offer discounts for large orders. Your insurance company or managed care provider may have an agreement with “preferred pharmacies” to offer insulin at reduced rates. Check with your insurance company or managed care provider to see whether it offers this service. By using these services you may be able to keep your costs down. But if you decide to buy insulin in bulk, check the expiration date. You don’t want to buy a big supply of insulin if most of it will expire before you have a chance to use it.

Continue Learning about Financial Health

Worst Case Scenario: My Spouse Hid Money From Me
She sneaks through the garage carrying $200 worth of new shoes after a trip to the mall.  He opens a credit card and starts charging tech gadgets, or ...
How to Talk to Your Partner About Saving for Retirement
How to Talk to Your Partner About Saving for RetirementHow to Talk to Your Partner About Saving for RetirementHow to Talk to Your Partner About Saving for RetirementHow to Talk to Your Partner About Saving for Retirement
These four questions can get your discussion off the ground—and help you both see the big picture. Have you and your partner talked about retirement? ...
401(k) Dos and Don’ts
401(k) Dos and Don’ts401(k) Dos and Don’ts401(k) Dos and Don’ts401(k) Dos and Don’ts
Learn what to do—and what not to do—with this retirement account. A 401(k) is one type of retirement plan some companies establish for their employees...
3 Reasons You Should Save Money
3 Reasons You Should Save Money3 Reasons You Should Save Money3 Reasons You Should Save Money3 Reasons You Should Save Money
Plan not just for emergencies and retirement, but also for the good things in life. Most of us know that we should save, but we don’t always know why....