How can I get the best price when buying insulin?

Don’t assume that most pharmacies will charge the same price for insulin. The same insulin at one pharmacy or outlet may be several dollars cheaper than that found somewhere else, so it pays to shop around. You might receive a discount for buying certain quantities at your pharmacy or by ordering through the mail. Be sure to ask your pharmacists whether they offer discounts for large orders. Your insurance company or managed care provider may have an agreement with “preferred pharmacies” to offer insulin at reduced rates. Check with your insurance company or managed care provider to see whether it offers this service. By using these services you may be able to keep your costs down. But if you decide to buy insulin in bulk, check the expiration date. You don’t want to buy a big supply of insulin if most of it will expire before you have a chance to use it.

Continue Learning about Financial Health

Two Reasons Not to Cut Up Your Credit Cards
If you’re dealing with debt, it might seem like the logical move to cut up your credit cards and walk away – but DON'T. Here's why: 1. If the card st...
What is accidental death insurance?
Maria Ferrante-SchepisMaria Ferrante-Schepis
Accidental death insurance provides a payout if you die in an accidental way. This could be a car ac...
3 Reasons You Should Save Money
3 Reasons You Should Save Money3 Reasons You Should Save Money3 Reasons You Should Save Money3 Reasons You Should Save Money
Plan not just for emergencies and retirement, but also for the good things in life.
How Do I Know Which Type of Life Insurance Is Right for Me?