Myths About Fibromyalgia
- Myth: Fibromyalgia Causes Only Minor Pain
- Myth: Fibromyalgia is All in Your Head
- Myth: Only Young Women Have Fibromyalgia
- Myth: You Can't Exercise With Fibromyalgia
- Other Myths
Read About the Facts of Fibromyalgia
Fight Fibro FogLearn How
AskMDGet personalized advice for managing fibromyalgia
The ratio of women to men diagnosed
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
View all fibromyalgia experts
Johns Hopkins Medicine
What is fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a common, chronic, generalized pain syndrome of unknown origin. Although pain and tenderness are its defining features, patients also complain of. . .
- Q What are the monetary costs associated with fibromyalgia?
- Q What percentage of the U.S. population is affected by fibromyalgia?
- Q Why was fibromyalgia originally considered a connective tissue disease?
- Q How common is fibromyalgia?
- Q Is fibromyalgia a progressive disease?
- Q What is the difference between fibromyalgia and Lyme disease?
- Q What are common myths about fibromyalgia?
- Q Is fibromyalgia a real disease?
- Q What can I do if my doctor does not believe in fibromyalgia?
- Q Is fibromyalgia a degenerative disease?