A Answers (1)
Fibromyalgia symptoms are nonspecific. This means that many of the symptoms seen with fibromyalgia are also present in other medical conditions. Your doctor really can't tell you that you have fibromyalgia until he has made certain that you don't have other health issues which mimic fibromyalgia. These are:
- Bone and joint diseases: ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis, osteomalacia, polymyalgia rheumatic, rheumatoid arthritis
- Autoimmune disorders: Sjogren's syndrome, systemic lupus erythematosus
- Infections: chronic hepatitis C, tuberculosis
- Hormone Disorders: diabetes, thyroid disease, parathyroid disease
- Cancer: multiple myeloma, metastatic cancer
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.