How many new cases of fibromyalgia are diagnosed each year?

The number of new cases of fibromyalgia diagnosed each year is difficult to estimate. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) does not compile data on the incidence of fibromyalgia. However, the CDC estimates that around 5 million adults in the United States have fibromyalgia. Women are significantly more likely than men to be diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

Continue Learning about Fibromyalgia

Best Yoga for Fibromyalgia
Best Yoga for Fibromyalgia
Think yoga is too strenuous? Think again. While some types of yoga, such as Bikram, Ashtanga and Vinyasa may indeed put too much pressure on your musc...
How do food allergies affect fibromyalgia?
Somepeople are allergic or sensitive to certain foods and food ingredients, including gluten (foun...
What to Eat if You Have Fibromyalgia
What to Eat if You Have FibromyalgiaWhat to Eat if You Have FibromyalgiaWhat to Eat if You Have FibromyalgiaWhat to Eat if You Have Fibromyalgia
Can the foods you eat improve or worsen your fibromyalgia symptoms?
What Type of Doctor(s) Should I See If I Think I Have Fibromyalgia?