How is fibromyalgia related to chronic pain?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine
Pain is simply your body's way of saying that something needs attention. This can come from injuries, putting her hand on hot stove, nerve pain, and dozens of other sources. In fibromyalgia, a body wide energy deficiency causes your muscles to get locked in the shortened position, causing them to hurt. The chronic muscle pain then triggers pain in the nerves and brain.

Continue Learning about Fibromyalgia

Best Yoga for Fibromyalgia
Best Yoga for Fibromyalgia
Think yoga is too strenuous? Think again. While some types of yoga, such as Bikram, Ashtanga and Vinyasa may indeed put too much pressure on your musc...
What percentage of the U.S. population is affected by fibromyalgia?
According to the American College of Rheumatology, 3-5% of females and 0.5-1.6% of males are aff...
Why was fibromyalgia originally considered a connective tissue disease?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Doctors originally described fibromyalgia as a connective tissue disease in the early 1800s. It was ...
What Are My Options for Fibromyalgia Treatment?