How is joint stiffness in fibromyalgia treated?

Many people with fibromyalgia wake up feeling stiff all over, which can make it especially difficult to get out of bed. But once they're up and around, and moving their limbs, the stiffness often fades. If you have persistent problems with joint or muscle stiffness, ask your doctor about strategies such as exercise or taking certain medications that may bring relief.
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that is characterized by widespread muscular and skeletal pain. Common treatments for fibromyalgia include maintaining physical activity, maintaining good sleep habits and counseling. Sometimes medications that do not include narcotics can be prescribed by your physicians. Joint pain can indicate a variety of conditions, and you should see your family physician to make sure that there is not another cause of your joint pain.

Continue Learning about Fibromyalgia Treatment

Is ice an effective treatment for fibromyalgia?
Ice acts as a local anesthetic and may allow you to stretch your muscles with less pain. It's no...
How effective is pregabalin at treating fibromyalgia?
About 10% to 25% of people with nerve pain, such as those with fibromyalgia, will have pain intensit...
Food Additives to Avoid If You Have Fibromyalgia
How Can I Tell If My Fibromyalgia Treatment Is Right?