There is no cure for fibromyalgia, but it isn't a life-threatening condition, and it won't cause any permanent damage. Even better, it can often be controlled with the proper treatment, and many cases get better as time goes by. Regular exercise and a combination of medications can help minimize the symptoms associated with fibromyalgia. Keeping stress levels low and staying on a regular sleep schedule can make a big difference as well. Researchers continue to study fibromyalgia in hopes of learning more about the disorder and some day finding a cure.
- Q Can mineral supplements help treat fibromyalgia?
- Q How is excessive sweating in CFS and fibromyalgia treated?
- Q How can I overcome the pain caused by my fibromyalgia?
- Q Do men receive the same treatment for fibromyalgia as women?
- Q How do I know if my fibromyalgia treatments are working?
- Q Can yoga help in the treatment of fibromyalgia?