There is no cure for fibromyalgia, but it isn't a life-threatening condition, and it won't cause any permanent damage. Even better, it can often be controlled with the proper treatment, and many cases get better as time goes by. Regular exercise and a combination of medications can help minimize the symptoms associated with fibromyalgia. Keeping stress levels low and staying on a regular sleep schedule can make a big difference as well. Researchers continue to study fibromyalgia in hopes of learning more about the disorder and some day finding a cure.
- Q How is fibromyalgia treated?
- Q How can I find an effective medication treatment plan for fibromyalgia?
- Q What qualifies an orthopedist to treat fibromyalgia?
- Q What supplements can I take if I have fibromyalgia?
- Q Is surgery used to treat fibromyalgia?
- Q Can mineral supplements help treat fibromyalgia?