There is no cure for fibromyalgia, but it isn't a life-threatening condition, and it won't cause any permanent damage. Even better, it can often be controlled with the proper treatment, and many cases get better as time goes by. Regular exercise and a combination of medications can help minimize the symptoms associated with fibromyalgia. Keeping stress levels low and staying on a regular sleep schedule can make a big difference as well. Researchers continue to study fibromyalgia in hopes of learning more about the disorder and some day finding a cure.
- Q Should fibromyalgia be treated different in seniors than in adults?
- Q What can be done to treat muscle spasms and fibromyalgia?
- Q Is surgery used to treat fibromyalgia?
- Q How can exercising in water help control my fibromyalgia?
- Q How do I know if my fibromyalgia treatments are working?
- Q What can I do to improve my fibromyalgia?