There is no cure for fibromyalgia, but it isn't a life-threatening condition, and it won't cause any permanent damage. Even better, it can often be controlled with the proper treatment, and many cases get better as time goes by. Regular exercise and a combination of medications can help minimize the symptoms associated with fibromyalgia. Keeping stress levels low and staying on a regular sleep schedule can make a big difference as well. Researchers continue to study fibromyalgia in hopes of learning more about the disorder and some day finding a cure.
- Q Does insurance cover fibromyalgia medications?
- Q Is surgery used to treat fibromyalgia?
- Q What medical credentials should I look for in a fibromyalgia doctor?
- Q How does stretching help people with fibromyalgia?
- Q When should I seek a second opinion regarding my fibromyalgia treatment?
- Q Should fibromyalgia be treated different in seniors than in adults?