Who should not take Lyrica?

Lyrica should not be taken by people who are allergic to any of its ingredients or who have had a previous allergic reaction to it in the past. The effects of Lyrica are not yet known on a fetus or a breastfeeding infant. Because of this, women who are pregnant, who wish to become pregnant or who are breastfeeding should consult with their doctors before starting Lyrica treatment. Lyrica may cause an increase in suicidal tendencies or other mental instabilities. Your doctor can help you decide if Lyrica is right for you, especially if you have had a personal or family history of depression, mood problems or suicidal tendencies. Lyrica is meant to be prescribed to adults who are at least 18 years of age. Little is known about its affects on children.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

What medications are used to treat fibromyalgia?
Finding the right doctor or specialist to diagnose and treat fibromyalgia is an important first step...
What is pregabalin?
Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also helpful for people wi...
Why should I talk to my doctor about dose changes for fibromyalgia drugs?
Talk to your doctor about changing doses if your fibromyalgia medications aren't working for you...
What Are the Criteria to Diagnose Fibromyalgia?