What should I tell my doctor when starting Lyrica?

Before taking Lyrica, you should tell your doctor if you are allergic to pregabalin, any other medications, or any ingredients found in pregabalin capsules. Also, tell your doctor about any prescription or non-prescriptions medications that you currently take, including vitamins, supplements or herbal products. You should discuss your history of alcohol use and tell your doctor if you have ever used street drugs or abused prescription medications.

If you have ever had swelling of your eyes, lips, tongue or throat, be sure to tell your doctor. Also, mention if you have ever had any vision concerns or problems with blood clotting or bleeding.

You should always tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant before taking any new medication. Also, if you are having surgery , including dental surgery, your doctor should know about scheduled procedures.

Talk with your doctor openly about your medical history and any previous health problems. A complete medical history is important before you take any new medication. Of course, you should read the additional precautions stated on the drug packaging before taking Lyrica.
Before you start taking Lyrica, tell your doctor about any other medicines that you take, including prescription and non-prescription drugs as well as nutritional and herbal supplements. Also be sure to tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, plan to become pregnant, or, if you are a man, if you plan to father a child, because Lyrica can affect fertility and the health of your children.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends telling your doctor about any of the following conditions before starting Lyrica:
  • history of alcohol or drug abuse
  • depression or other mood problems or suicidal thoughts
  • any episodes of swelling of your face, tongue, lips, gums, neck or throat
  • kidney, heart or bleeding problems

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, you can. But make sure your doctor and pharmacist know all of your medicines you take and any h...
Does pregabalin interact with any other drugs?
If you are taking an ACE inhibitor, a central nervous system depressant, rufinamide, or a selective ...
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
Use Yoga to Soothe Pain and Sleep Better