What should I know before taking pregabalin?

Donna Hill Howes, RN

If you have New York Heart Association (NYHA) class III or IV heart failure, pregabalin may not be a good option for you.

If you have had angioedema, pregabalin may not be a good option for you.

If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, pregabalin may not be a good option for you. It is not known if it is safe for pregnant women.

You should not take pregabalin if you are breastfeeding.

This answer was adapted from Sharecare's award-winning AskMD app. Start a consultation now to find out what's causing your symptoms, learn how to manage a condition, or find a doctor.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

What drugs are used to treat sleep problems caused by fibromyalgia?
National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain AssociationNational Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association
It is important for the doctor of a patient with fibromyalgia to discover whether there is a cause f...
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
Hate Breaking a Sweat? Try Swimming
Hate Breaking a Sweat? Try Swimming
What Does My Family Need to Know About My Fibromyalgia Treatment?