What would happen if I stopped taking Lyrica?

It's a bad idea to stop taking Lyrica without talking to your doctor first. To sustain the pain-relieving benefits of this medication, you need to continue taking it. And if Lyrica is causing intolerable side effects, there is a right and a wrong way to stop using it. To discontinue Lyrica the right way, your doctor will gradually reduce your dose. If you abruptly stop taking Lyrica, you could develop some pretty unpleasant side effects, including insomnia, nausea, diarrhea, and headaches. You could even suffer seizures. Bottom line: Don't stop using Lyrica unless you've talked it over with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

What drugs are used to treat sleep problems caused by fibromyalgia?
National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain AssociationNational Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association
It is important for the doctor of a patient with fibromyalgia to discover whether there is a cause f...
How effective are pain medications in reducing fibromyalgia pain?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Pain medicines can help some people who have fibromyalgia pain. For example, drugs for fibromyalgia ...
Why Are Antidepressants Sometimes Prescribed to Treat Fibromyalgia?
What Does My Family Need to Know About My Fibromyalgia Treatment?