Are there any risks in taking Lyrica?

Little is known about Lyrica's effect on human pregnancy or breastfeeding infants. In animal testing, Lyrica has caused infertility in males and birth defects in offspring of both males and females who were treated with Lyrica. Ask your doctor about the risks associated with taking Lyrica during pregnancy or if you want to become pregnant in the future. Also, the effect of anti-epileptic drugs such as Lyrica on someone's mental state is not fully understood. Lyrica can cause drowsiness or dizziness in some people. For this reason, it is risky to drive a car, operate machinery or perform activities that require coordination while taking Lyrica. If you choose to use alcohol or other depressants while taking Lyrica, you run the risk of becoming excessively drowsy. It is important to note that if you stop taking Lyrica suddenly or before your prescription instructs you to, you run the risk of an increase in seizures and withdrawal symptoms. These include: headaches, nausea, diarrhea and difficulty sleeping.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

Is Slow-Mag helpful for fibromyalgia pain?
MediGuardMediGuard
Slow-Mag contains 64mg of magnesium. Manganese and malic acid supplements have not been evaluated by...
Why should I talk to my doctor about dose changes for fibromyalgia drugs?
Talk to your doctor about changing doses if your fibromyalgia medications aren't working for you...
Hate Breaking a Sweat? Try Swimming
Hate Breaking a Sweat? Try Swimming
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?