Who should not take pregabalin?

If you know that you are allergic or hypersensitive to pregabalin—or to any ingredients used to make the pregabalin preparation—you should not take pregabalin. If you have diabetes, congestive heart failure or high blood pressure, you can still take this medication but will need to be carefully monitored by your doctor. These conditions may make you more likely to have the side effects of weight gain and swelling (edema) in the legs or arms.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

Does Lyrica help for nerve pain associated with diabetes?
MediGuardMediGuard
Lyrica (pregabalin) is approved for nerve pain (also called neuropathy), associated with diabetes. W...
What is pregabalin?
Dr. Courtney L. Lee, MDDr. Courtney L. Lee, MD
Pregabalin is the generic name for the medication known by the brand name Lyrica. The U.S. Food ...
What Are My Options for Fibromyalgia Treatment?
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?