Is pregabalin safe to use during pregnancy?

It is not clear whether pregabalin is safe to use during pregnancy. The United States Food and Drug Administration has decided that risk to the fetus cannot be ruled out with this drug. Studies done on animals have shown that pregabalin can cause birth defects in the animal babies, but this does not necessarily mean that the drug would cause harm in human fetuses. Because there is so little information available on the safety of pregabalin in pregnant women, you should only use it if you and your doctor have decided that the benefit you get from taking it outweighs the possible risks to your developing baby.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

What drugs are used to treat sleep problems caused by fibromyalgia?
National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain AssociationNational Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association
It is important for the doctor of a patient with fibromyalgia to discover whether there is a cause f...
Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, you can. But make sure your doctor and pharmacist know all of your medicines you take and any h...
What Are the Criteria to Diagnose Fibromyalgia?
What Does My Family Need to Know About My Fibromyalgia Treatment?