Is it o.k. to take lyrica with the methadone?

Lyrica is an FDA controlled substance - schedule V which means that it has a potential for abuse, although it has a lower potential for abuse compared to other controlled substances.  If you are seeing multiple doctors, you should make sure that your doctors are aware of all the medications you are taking so that they can help you weigh all the risks and benefits of each medication.   If you and your doctors decide that you should take both methadone and Lyrica, you should be aware that side effects may be increased since both medications have similar side effects. Some of the shared side effects of these medications are drowsiness, dizziness, difficultly breathing, decreased mental alertness, and impairment of judgment, thinking, and motor skills.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, you can. But make sure your doctor and pharmacist know all of your medicines you take and any h...
Can a prescription be a part of my overall fibromyalgia treatment regimen?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Prescription medications for fibromyalgia patients can be recommended by your physician. Currently, ...
How is pregabalin used to treat low back pain?
Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. Pregabalin works by blocking ner...
What should I know before taking pregabalin?
If you have New York Heart Association (NYHA) class III or IV heart failure, pregabalin may not be a...