Is dizziness a side effect of Lyrica?

If you take Lyrica, don't be surprised if you feel a little woozy or lightheaded. In clinical studies, nearly one out of three people who took Lyrica reported feeling dizzy at times. In fact, dizziness is the most common reason people ask to be taken off Lyrica. However, that doesn't happen very often. If your doctor finds that Lyrica is making you dizzy, he or she may be able to adjust the dose so you feel less wobbly.
Dizziness is reported by 5% of iGuard members. During clinical studies, up to 31% of patients experience dizziness while taking Lyrica.  For some, the dizziness will go away with time.  For others, this is a side effect that continues as long as they are on the medication.  The severity of the dizziness depends on the dose.  The higher the dose, the worse the dizziness may become.  It is up to you to decide if the dizziness is something that is affecting your quality of life or not.  If it is or if it becomes worse, make an appointment to discuss it with your physician.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

How is pregabalin used to treat low back pain?
Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. Pregabalin works by blocking ner...
What is pregabalin?
Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also helpful for people wi...
What Does My Family Need to Know About My Fibromyalgia Treatment?
How Can I Relieve Chronic Pain from Conditions Like Fibromyalgia?