What if I miss a dose of Lyrica?

Don't worry too much if you miss a dose of Lyrica. If late morning rolls around and you realize you forgot to take your usual dose of Lyrica with breakfast, go ahead and take it now. However, if it's almost time for your next scheduled dose -- most people take Lyrica several times a day -- skip the dose you missed. It's never a good idea to double up to make up for a missed dose.
If you miss a dose of Lyrica, ask your doctor what you should do. If you realize your mistake close to the time when you would have taken your usual dose, take it right away. If you don't remember until you are close to the time of your next dose, skip your forgotten dose and just take the next one on   schedule. Do not take two doses at once, because this may increase your risk for side effects. If you think you have accidentally taken too much Lyrica at one time, call your doctor or the poison control center, or go to your closest emergency room for help.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

What pain medications can I take for fibromyalgia if I am pregnant?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Here's a list of pain medications used to treat fibromyalgia during pregnancy: Acetaminophen: Gene...
Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
Courtney L. Lee, MDCourtney L. Lee, MD
If you take Lyrica, talk to your doctor or your pharmacist before taking any other medications. L...
What Does My Family Need to Know About My Fibromyalgia Treatment?
What Are the Criteria to Diagnose Fibromyalgia?