What can I do to minimize the side effects of Lyrica?

The best thing you can do to minimize side effects while taking Lyrica is to be a good medical consumer. That means asking your doctor or pharmacist to explain how to use this medication. Insist that he or she explain in clear language anything you don't understand. Then, follow your marching orders and take Lyrica exactly as prescribed. If you do develop side effects, tell your doctor, especially if they are severe, such as swelling or suicidal thoughts.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, you can. But make sure your doctor and pharmacist know all of your medicines you take and any h...
Why should I talk to my doctor about dose changes for fibromyalgia drugs?
Talk to your doctor about changing doses if your fibromyalgia medications aren't working for you...
How effective is pregabalin?
Studies of pregabalin for chronic nerve pain show that up to 50% of people get at least moderate imp...
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?