Can reducing the dose of Lyrica reduce its effectiveness?

Reducing the dose of any medication from the level originally prescribed can reduce its effectiveness. That said, the use of medications always involves a balance of benefit versus risk. If you're experiencing side-effects from a product, and it is providing reasonable pain relief, it is quite common for doctors and patients to gradually reduce the dose in the hope that the benefit remains but that the side effects become reduced.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

What should I know before taking pregabalin?
If you have New York Heart Association (NYHA) class III or IV heart failure, pregabalin may not be a...
Can a prescription be a part of my overall fibromyalgia treatment regimen?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Prescription medications for fibromyalgia patients can be recommended by your physician. Currently, ...
Why Are Antidepressants Sometimes Prescribed to Treat Fibromyalgia?
What Are the Criteria to Diagnose Fibromyalgia?