Can reducing the dose of Lyrica reduce its effectiveness?

Reducing the dose of any medication from the level originally prescribed can reduce its effectiveness. That said, the use of medications always involves a balance of benefit versus risk. If you're experiencing side-effects from a product, and it is providing reasonable pain relief, it is quite common for doctors and patients to gradually reduce the dose in the hope that the benefit remains but that the side effects become reduced.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

Does pregabalin interact with any other drugs?
If you are taking an ACE inhibitor, a central nervous system depressant, rufinamide, or a selective ...
Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
Courtney L. Lee, MDCourtney L. Lee, MD
If you take Lyrica, talk to your doctor or your pharmacist before taking any other medications. L...
What Are My Options for Fibromyalgia Treatment?
How Can I Relieve Chronic Pain from Conditions Like Fibromyalgia?