What conditions is pregabalin used to treat?

Pregabalin, also known by the brand name, Lyrica, is approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat several conditions. It may help the pain that can occur in a condition called diabetic peripheral neuropathy: nerve damage to the legs, feet, arms or hands due to diabetes. Pregabalin is also FDA-approved to treat nerve pain after having had an infection with the herpes virus. Certain kinds of seizures may be treated with a combination of pregabalin and other drugs. Finally, pregabalin may also help in the treatment of fibromyalgia, a poorly understood condition that involves pain at specific “trigger points” throughout the body.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

Can a prescription be a part of my overall fibromyalgia treatment regimen?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved three drugs for fibromyalgia: pregabali...
What is pregabalin?
Dr. Courtney L. Lee, MDDr. Courtney L. Lee, MD
Pregabalin is the generic name for the medication known by the brand name Lyrica. The U.S. Food ...
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
What Does My Family Need to Know About My Fibromyalgia Treatment?