Why is it important to ask an acupuncturist where his clients come from?

Dede Bonner
Health Education

Look for an acupuncturist who is so successful that he can rely exclusively on word-of-mouth referrals for new business. While there’s nothing wrong with advertising, especially for new practitioners, the ones who operate by referrals alone know they have to work extra hard to maintain their good reputations.

Ask about a waiting list, which can be an initial irritant but ultimately is a good sign. It’s the same principle as a long line of people waiting to get into a popular restaurant.

The 10 Best Questions for Living with Fibromyalgia: The Script You Need to Take Control of Your Health

A good mind knows the right answers...but a great mind knows the right questions. And never are the Best Questions more important than after the life-altering diagnosis of fibromyalgia -- or when you...

Continue Learning about Acupuncture to Treat Fibromyalgia

How do I find out whether my acupuncturist really wants to treat me?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
Dr. Tess Hahn, the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine’s (NCCAOM...
Can I expect my insurance company to cover acupuncture for fibromyalgia?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
Before you begin your search for an acupuncturist, find out if your insurance company covers acupunc...
Can acupuncture help treat fibromyalgia?
Some, though not all, studies on acupuncture in people with fibromyalgia suggest that it may help to...
How do I find out whether my acupuncturist is NCCAOM certified?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
The gold standard for acupuncturists is NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture an...