Can I expect my insurance company to cover acupuncture for fibromyalgia?

Dede Bonner
Health Education

Before you begin your search for an acupuncturist, find out if your insurance company covers acupuncture for fibromyalgia symptoms. Ask your insurance company these questions:

• Is this kind of treatment covered in my health-care plan?
• Are there any limits or requirements (like a restriction on the number of visits or the total amount allowed for payments)?
• Can I chose my own acupuncturist or do I have to see someone in your network?
• Do I need a referral from my doctor?

The 10 Best Questions for Living with Fibromyalgia: The Script You Need to Take Control of Your Health

A good mind knows the right answers...but a great mind knows the right questions. And never are the Best Questions more important than after the life-altering diagnosis of fibromyalgia -- or when you...

Continue Learning about Acupuncture to Treat Fibromyalgia

How do I find out whether my acupuncturist is NCCAOM certified?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
The gold standard for acupuncturists is NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture an...
Can acupuncture help treat fibromyalgia?
Some, though not all, studies on acupuncture in people with fibromyalgia suggest that it may help to...
What questions should I ask an acupuncturist about fibromyalgia treatment?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
As an alternative therapy to promote natural healing, acupuncture is earning a growing respect from ...
How do I find out whether my acupuncturist really wants to treat me?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
Dr. Tess Hahn, the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine’s (NCCAOM...