How do I find out whether my acupuncturist really wants to treat me?

Dede Bonner
Health Education

Dr. Tess Hahn, the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine’s (NCCAOM) 2008 Chair of the Board of Commissioners and an Idaho-based professional acupuncturist, suggests asking your acupuncture therapist, “Are you interested in treating me? Why?” She also suggests these follow up questions:  “What do you think you can do to improve my life?” and “Are you excited about doing that?” It only makes sense that you want someone who really cares and is passionate about her ability to help you.

The 10 Best Questions for Living with Fibromyalgia: The Script You Need to Take Control of Your Health

A good mind knows the right answers...but a great mind knows the right questions. And never are the Best Questions more important than after the life-altering diagnosis of fibromyalgia -- or when you...

Continue Learning about Acupuncture to Treat Fibromyalgia

Can I expect my insurance company to cover acupuncture for fibromyalgia?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
Before you begin your search for an acupuncturist, find out if your insurance company covers acupunc...
Can acupuncture help treat fibromyalgia?
Some, though not all, studies on acupuncture in people with fibromyalgia suggest that it may help to...
Why is it important to ask an acupuncturist where his clients come from?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
Look for an acupuncturist who is so successful that he can rely exclusively on word-of-mouth referra...
What questions should I ask an acupuncturist about fibromyalgia treatment?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
As an alternative therapy to promote natural healing, acupuncture is earning a growing respect from ...