Are the symptoms of fibromyalgia the same for everyone?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
The symptoms of fibromyalgia can vary from one person to another. The hallmark symptom of fibromyalgia is chronic, body-wide pain. Many other symptoms are associated with fibromyalgia, and no two patients have precisely the same combination. Other common symptoms include:
  • fatigue
  • insomnia
  • poor concentration and attention span
  • irritable bowel syndrome
  • sensitivity to bright lights, loud noises, and temperature changes
  • restless leg syndrome

Continue Learning about Fibromyalgia Symptoms

How likely is it that my constant pain is from fibromyalgia?
Constant pain is a symptom of many medical conditions. It's possible that fibromyalgia may be the cu...
Are my fibromyalgia symptoms all in my head?
Fibromyalgia isn't always easy to diagnose because many doctors aren't all that familiar with the co...
Is muscle pain a symptom of fibromyalgia?
Heightened muscle tenderness is a common symptom of fibromyalgia. If you have fibromyalgia, even a l...
Can fibromyalgia mimic osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis and other forms of arthritis can mimic symptoms of fibromyalgia, specifically joi...