Fibromyalgia Symptoms

Should I see a doctor about my fibromyalgia symptoms?

• If you suspect that you may have fibromyalgia, see a doctor soon. The symptoms of fibromyalgia can mimic those of other medical conditions, so getting an accurate diagnosis -- as well as early treatment -- is important. Your doctor will ask about your medical history and give you a thorough physical examination. If necessary, he or she will order certain tests. These steps allow a doctor to rule out the possibility that some other disease or illness may be causing your symptoms. If your doctor determines that you have fibromyalgia, he or she can prescribe treatments and strategies to help you cope with this condition.
  • Fibromyalgia can be painful and seeing a doctor about your symptoms is the first step in getting relief. The good news is that fibromyalgia is not life threatening, nor does it cause any permanent damage. Most people can improve their symptoms by making a few lifestyle changes, and in some cases, medication may help as well. Talk to your doctor about finding the right treatment option for you.

What are the symptoms of fibromyalgia?