How likely is it that my constant pain is from fibromyalgia?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Constant pain is a symptom of many medical conditions. It's possible that fibromyalgia may be the culprit, especially if:
  • the pain is chronic, that is, it never seems to go away
  • your pain is widespread
  • the pain is accompanied by other symptoms, such as insomnia and fatigue
See your doctor if you are experiencing these symptoms or any other form of persistent pain.

Continue Learning about Fibromyalgia Symptoms

Are the symptoms of fibromyalgia the same for everyone?
The symptoms of fibromyalgia can vary from one person to another. The hallmark symptom of fibromyalg...
Is pain from fibromyalgia different than normal pain?
While acute pain lasts for a few hours or days, fibromyalgia pain is chronic, or long-term, and last...
How do I know if my cognitive dysfunction is from fibromyalgia?
See your doctor if you have fibromyalgia and think you may be experiencing cognitive dysfunction. Me...
What Are Other Strategies Besides Medication for Managing Chronic Pain?