Are my fibromyalgia symptoms all in my head?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Fibromyalgia isn't always easy to diagnose because many doctors aren't all that familiar with the condition. For years, people who suffered from fibromyalgia were told that the symptoms they were experiencing were all in their heads, but today we know that isn't true. We have a lot to learn about fibromyalgia, but we do know that it is a real condition and that it can be treated. With guidelines provided by the American College of Rheumatology, the condition has become much easier to diagnose. If you have pain consistent with fibromyalgia, talk to your doctor about getting an accurate diagnosis.

Continue Learning about Fibromyalgia Symptoms

3 Ways to Manage Fibromyalgia Symptoms
3 Ways to Manage Fibromyalgia Symptoms
Why Is Exercise Important to Managing Chronic Pain?
Does Stress Make Fibromyalgia Symptoms Worse?
Can the Change of Seasons or the Weather Impact My Fibromyalgia Symptoms?