Fibromyalgia is not life threatening. The disorder can be painful and uncomfortable, but it won't cause any permanent damage. In fact, with the right treatment, symptoms of fibromyalgia can often be managed. Eventually, the disorder may even go away, although some people deal with it their entire lives. If you think you might have fibromyalgia, consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Q Can fibromyalgia damage my tissues or organs?
- Q Are women with fibromyalgia less likely to get pregnant?
- Q How does fibromyalgia trigger headaches?
- Q What are the physical effects of fibromyalgia?
- Q How does fibromyalgia affect the body?
- Q How does fibromyalgia affect my endocrine system?