Fibromyalgia is not life threatening. The disorder can be painful and uncomfortable, but it won't cause any permanent damage. In fact, with the right treatment, symptoms of fibromyalgia can often be managed. Eventually, the disorder may even go away, although some people deal with it their entire lives. If you think you might have fibromyalgia, consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Q How is fatigue from fibromyalgia different from normal fatigue?
- Q Does fibromyalgia cause other health problems?
- Q What are the physical effects of fibromyalgia?
- Q How does fibromyalgia affect my endocrine system?
- Q How common is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in people with fibromyalgia?
- Q How common are digestive problems in people with fibromyalgia?