Is fibromyalgia life threatening?

Fibromyalgia is not life threatening. The disorder can be painful and uncomfortable, but it won't cause any permanent damage. In fact, with the right treatment, symptoms of fibromyalgia can often be managed. Eventually, the disorder may even go away, although some people deal with it their entire lives. If you think you might have fibromyalgia, consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Continue Learning about Physical Effects of Fibromyalgia

Can fibromyalgia damage my tissues or organs?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
People with fibromyalgia do not have problems that you can see in their tissues or organs. This mean...
How does fibromyalgia affect my endocrine system?
You could just as easily flip the question  and ask: How does my endocrine system affect my fibr...
Can fibromyalgia put me at a higher risk for diabetes?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic medical condition affecting 2-4% of the population, and most commonly ...
How does fibromyalgia trigger headaches?
It's likely that fibromyalgia pain and tension in the shoulders, upper back and neck help trigger he...