Fibromyalgia is not life threatening. The disorder can be painful and uncomfortable, but it won't cause any permanent damage. In fact, with the right treatment, symptoms of fibromyalgia can often be managed. Eventually, the disorder may even go away, although some people deal with it their entire lives. If you think you might have fibromyalgia, consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Q Is light and sound sensitivity common with fibromyalgia?
- Q What impact does fibromyalgia have on menopause?
- Q How is fatigue from fibromyalgia different from normal fatigue?
- Q Can fibromyalgia develop into rheumatoid arthritis?
- Q Can fibromyalgia put me at a higher risk for diabetes?
- Q How common is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in people with fibromyalgia?