Fibromyalgia is not life threatening. The disorder can be painful and uncomfortable, but it won't cause any permanent damage. In fact, with the right treatment, symptoms of fibromyalgia can often be managed. Eventually, the disorder may even go away, although some people deal with it their entire lives. If you think you might have fibromyalgia, consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Q Can fibromyalgia cause weight gain?
- Q How common are bladder problems in people with fibromyalgia?
- Q Can fibromyalgia put me at a higher risk for diabetes?
- Q Is morning stiffness related to fibromyalgia?
- Q How common is obesity in people with fibromyalgia?
- Q What effect does fibromyalgia have on my immune system?