Fibromyalgia is not life threatening. The disorder can be painful and uncomfortable, but it won't cause any permanent damage. In fact, with the right treatment, symptoms of fibromyalgia can often be managed. Eventually, the disorder may even go away, although some people deal with it their entire lives. If you think you might have fibromyalgia, consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Q Is light and sound sensitivity common with fibromyalgia?
- Q How does fibromyalgia affect my endocrine system?
- Q How common are digestive problems in people with fibromyalgia?
- Q How is fatigue from fibromyalgia different from normal fatigue?
- Q Can fibromyalgia damage my tissues or organs?
- Q Can fibromyalgia develop into rheumatoid arthritis?