Fibromyalgia is not life threatening. The disorder can be painful and uncomfortable, but it won't cause any permanent damage. In fact, with the right treatment, symptoms of fibromyalgia can often be managed. Eventually, the disorder may even go away, although some people deal with it their entire lives. If you think you might have fibromyalgia, consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Q Can fibromyalgia develop into rheumatoid arthritis?
- Q Can fibromyalgia cause weight gain?
- Q Can fibromyalgia damage my tissues or organs?
- Q How does fibromyalgia trigger headaches?
- Q What are the physical effects of fibromyalgia?
- Q What effect does fibromyalgia have on my immune system?