Does fibromyalgia cause other health problems?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
No one can say whether fibromyalgia causes other health problems. Scientists are still trying to understand what causes fibromyalgia and why it produces symptoms such as pain, fatigue, and insomnia. Until the nature of fibromyalgia is better understood, it isn't possible to say whether this condition triggers other health problems. However, it is true that people diagnosed with fibromyalgia often develop certain other medical conditions, including irritable bowel syndrome and restless leg syndrome. Why fibromyalgia is linked to these and other medical conditions is unknown.

Continue Learning about Physical Effects of Fibromyalgia

Can fibromyalgia put me at a higher risk for diabetes?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic medical condition affecting 2-4% of the population, and most commonly ...
What are the physical effects of fibromyalgia?
The physical effects of fibromyalgia are different for everyone, but all folks with fibro have one t...
How does fibromyalgia affect my musculoskeletal system?
Muscle pain is one of the main symptoms of fibromyalgia. But that doesn't mean you have fibromyalgia...
How does fibromyalgia trigger headaches?
It's likely that fibromyalgia pain and tension in the shoulders, upper back and neck help trigger he...