How do I avoid losing my sense of humor with fibromyalgia?

Dealing with fibromyalgia, like dealing with any debilitating chronic problem can be difficult. How we choose to let our disease process affect us mentally is a choice. There are going to be times when the disease process is going to get you down, and that is not surprising, but there are ways of refocusing. Think about what you normally find funny and be sure they are part of your life. Keep a diary of the things that make you smile. You might find outright laughing is not working for you right now, but just putting a smile on your face changes the way your body feels. Watch children or pets at play. Think about some of the funny things that have happened to you in your life. Watch a comedy. When I was dealing with the events around having cancer there were two movies that always made me smile. I got copies of them and would watch them when I needed to lift my mood. We can't change the events around us, but we can make choices about how to deal with them.

Continue Learning about Emotional Health and Fibromyalgia

Why is it helpful to identify my emotional state before I had fibromyalgia?
Coping with fibromyalgia can be emotionally draining, but many people who are diagnosed with this co...
How should I feel about my body's changes due to fibromyalgia?
It's normal to feel a range of emotions as you think about the ways that fibromyalgia has change...
Does stress make fibromyalgia symptoms worse?
It can for some. There are numerous triggers or causes that can worsen a patient’s fibromyalgia, and...
Sharing Care About Fibromyalgia
Sharing Care About Fibromyalgia