How is my fibromyalgia affecting my thinking?

Fibromyalgia can affect your thinking in several ways. Called "fibro fog," cloudy thinking from fibromyalgia may make it more difficult to learn and remember things you just heard. It may be hard to focus on a problem you are trying to solve. Researchers believe two factors contribute to fibro fog: pain and lack of sleep. When you are in pain, that's all you can think about, which makes it harder to focus on anything else. Poor quality sleep, waking unrefreshed, and feeling tired -- defining symptoms of fibromyalgia -- also contribute to fibro fog. Everything is connected, so treating your primary fibromyalgia symptoms of pain and poor sleep should help improve your thinking skills.

Continue Learning about Mental Effects of Fibromyalgia

How can I best deal with fibro fog?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Fibro fog is characterized by an inability to think clearly in patients with fibromyalgia. Treatment...
What brain changes are associated with fibromyalgia pain?
Harris H. McIlwain, MDHarris H. McIlwain, MD
Researchers have concluded that those with fibromyalgia have significantly less blood flow to the pa...
Does fibromyalgia cause stress?
Any medical condition that leaves your muscles aching, saps your energy, and disrupts your life ...
Is fibro fog real?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Problems with concentration, attention, memory, and being able to plan and complete tasks are co...