How can I best deal with fibro fog?

Fibro fog (also called dyscognition) describes any cognitive problems with fibromyalgia that are linked to an inability to concentrate, problems with memory, difficulty staying on task or alert, and an inability to focus. Because fibro fog is quite common in many with fibromyalgia, it is important to talk openly with your doctor about this problem to see if it might be related to medications you are taking or to sleep issues. To deal with fibro fog, it is important to keep a paper and pen handy to organize your day, your shopping lists, and your long-term "to do" list. Knowing that fibro fog can cause problems managing a job or household, you should lean on your written list to jar your memory, stay focused on the tasks you need to do, and to keep important appointments.

Continue Learning about Mental Effects of Fibromyalgia

Can fibromyalgia have emotional effects?
Many people with fibromyalgia have anxiety that makes them feel broken, especially when they live da...
Can fibromyalgia affect my memory?
If you keep forgetting names and where you put your keys, fibromyalgia isn't necessarily to blam...
Is fibro fog real?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Problems with concentration, attention, memory, and being able to plan and complete tasks are co...
How is my fibromyalgia affecting my thinking?
Fibromyalgia can affect your thinking in several ways. Called "fibro fog," cloudy thinking from ...